MPLS Song School at The Warming House!
The Warming House is offering music education programs for kids and adults during the month of July! Check it out, sign up, tell your friends!
Programs for Youth:
- Guitar for songwriters – Taught by professional performer, teacher, and band leader Joan Griffith, this course gives aspiring songwriters, ages 10–20, the tools and instruction they need to improve their performing skills on guitar, to learn how to create compelling guitar parts suitable for their technical ability, and to enhance their songwriting skills through guitar instruction. All abilities and genres welcome. July 16–20, 9a–noon. $200
- Garageband for song makers – For aspiring young music creators of all abilities and ages 10–20, this course offers expert instruction in how to get the most out of Garageband, the widely accessible, popular, and free digital audio workstation software. Taught by professional audio engineer and entrepreneur Reid Kruger, topics covered include the basics of how to use the program, how to use different digital sounds as well as how to record real instruments effectively, how to edit and correct mistakes efficiently, and how to mix and master projects. July 23–27, 9a–noon. $200
- Songwriting – For aspiring young songwriters of all abilities and ages 10–20, this course covers all the basics of songwriting: creating lyrics, melody, harmony, and form. Taught by songwriter and rock musician Jessica Forsythe, participants will receive expert feedback on original material, prompts for song creation, and other tips for success in songwriting. All genres welcome. July 30–Aug. 3, 9a–noon. $200
- Music Business – This course prepares songwriters and music makers for success in today’s rapidly changing music business landscape. Taught by industry professional Brianna Lane, topics covered include marketing strategies, managing publicity and social media, recording and distribution, booking, and talent management. Ages 17 and up. Monday evenings, 5–7p (July 9, 16, 23, 30). $100
- Songwriting for Adults – For songwriters of all abilities, this course covers all the basics of songwriting: creating lyrics, melody, harmony, and form. Participants will receive expert feedback on original material, prompts for song creation, and other tips for success in songwriting. All genres welcome. Ages 17 and up. Tuesday evenings, 6–8p (July 10, 17, 24, 31). $100
- Space is limited! Register HERE
- Registration is not complete until payment is received. See below for payment options.
- Mail or deliver a check to MPLS Song School c/o The Warming House, 4001 Bryant Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55409
- Pay through PayPal HERE